I was just watching the dvd of Transformers 1 with JR. Due to the overwhelming sensationalism of the franchise and the sequel coming out, I wanted to see what all the hub bub was about. As I suspected, it's merely a melodramatic realization of every boy's childhood fantasy. You've got fast cars, explosions, robots and hot girls w/ wearing clothing that would in no way support their viggorous activities. According to my father, all the components that create a "good" movie.
That being said, my nephews (like boys of all ages) LOVE "good" movies. As I was being loveably forced to watch this "good" movie, I was reminded of their encounter with le cinema gradeur. When the first movie first came out, the boys, their folks and Baca went to go see it in the theater. From all accounts, the boys were enthrawled w/ the non stop explosion riddled action mayhem. So much so that before the climax of the movie our youngest monster, Connor, exploded. Well...almost. Apparently he became so engrossed and overwhelmed with all the sesory overload that he couldn't sit still. More so than usual. He must have been climbing on people, tearing out hair and gnashing his teeth because Connor has never been one to walk out on a Robot movie. Poor guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment